Saturday 31 January 2009

Byron

25/07/09
Once you've been to one shopping mall then you've been to them all and that’s irrespective of whether it's in Nebraska, Seremban or here at Westfield.

The cow calleth moo-eth

Daughter mucking about with her toy, bought when she was only seven.

We both had cheeseburgers, and it came as requseted; 'abattoir fresh'.
For a chain, Byron's a rather unexpected piece of good fortune.

21/03/09
Up escalator- we were seriously hungry by now!

Why, thank you. Why do I always get to face the butt?

Bron's Mini Classic

She demolished them in 3 mins!
I get annoyed by those anaemic looking or half baked rolls...argggh!

My Gruyère Cheeseburger

Rather tasty burger. Once again you simply have to praise Byron for their unflappable consistency- the burgers always arrive well done instead of the promised medium! No fuss kicked, because these burgers are pretty good.

The weighing machine stopped working, so an indulgence of onion rings and fries was permitted.

--------

Decent enough burgers at a most convenient location fit for yummy mummies,
teenagers, babies, and tourists from Sarf London.

Dread is the first word that came into my mind when I deliberated on whether to join the long queue at Byron. Inconsistent reviews with both the press and bloggers were responsible for my lack of confidence with this chain of hamburger restaurants.

It was also Saturday, lunchtime in Europe’s newest shopping centre, Westfield. My daughter more or less decided that Byron was ideal, as it was technically the closest to her intended shopping target of Hollister.

Ten minutes later we were seated at the bar next to the open kitchen, I do enjoy observing the nerve centre of any restaurants; the food seem to taste better as the cooks you’re watching, intently I daresay, tend to take more care with your dinner. The whole place is bright, airy and clean. The ambience as you’d expect from the American influence is lively and loud. The service was efficient and accommodating.

This lady, let’s just call her the Goddess of all Managers, was a sight to behold, she controls everything from here and all the dishes were allocated perfectly with frightening precision. She is the sort of woman who wouldn’t know the meaning of the word panic! Dudette.

My daughter’s Oreo Cookie Milkshake was really a drink and dessert in one; it was huge and as always, most kids would agree it was heavenly.

Her Byron burger of dry cure bacon, mature Cheddar and Byron sauce.

My Cheeseburger with Gruyère.

Byron claims that all their hamburgers are cooked medium unless otherwise requested, well both father and daughter uttered nowt. As you can see, well done was the result.

Excellent courgette fries and very average (certainly not hand cut) fries.

Shared indulgence of Knickerbocker Glory- Ice cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, toasted almonds, maraschino cherries, whipped cream. Again huge and decent value, more than enough for two to share.

Overall the burgers here have the right potential, certainly not up there with Haché but nearly on par with Gourmet Burger Kitchen, if not for the overcooked patties. Excellent value all round coupled with assured service and decent fast food; no wonder the crowds here were mainly families and discerning teenagers.



The Loft
Westfield Shopping Centre
London
W12 7GF


www.byronhamburgers.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might have to revisit just for that knickerbocker glory!

What is this Hollister place? I keep seeing teenagers walking around with their paper bags...

I heart cupcakes said...

I just looked at Holister's website - seems you have to be a dude or a betty to shop there..lol

Those burgers looked quite tasty to me and the knickerbocker glory has me drooling. Although I'd probably end up having desert at Buttercup if I was in Westfield!

bellaphon said...

S-L- Hollister- where ripped (I mean really ripped!) jeans for young folks cost north of £55!

I heart cupcakes- http://bellaphon.blogspot.com/2009/02/buttercup.html

Hollow Legs said...

i really think it depends on the branch of Byron. The one on Kings Road is the only one I've been to, but I've had an excellent burger from them, almost better than Hache. (I don't rate GBK at all)

bellaphon said...

Lizzie- you were right first time with the lamb chops, I'll take your word for it.