Friday 28 August 2009

vida e caffè

First and foremost I would like to say that the staff at vida e caffè are the friendliest and most charming guys I’ve ever had the pleasure of encountering* in London. And that’s not just coffee shops. If there ever was a national smile and be happy campaign, these chaps ought to be the ambassadors. Bros, thank you, I’m touched.

A second thank you goes to I♥C for recommending this place to me. This post is for her.

The location of vida e caffè in a prime touristy spot is hardly going to convince any toffee coffee-nosed geeks to step in and sniffle about. I’m also not entirely convinced about the biased Portuguese tie-up with this South African outfit, but what I do know is the company has obviously gone through some kind of powerful branding exercise. vida e caffè is in my mind a textbook dream ticket for the private equity peeps. But rest assured, the coffee served here is very good.

A small place like Dose, but more crowded and less intimate.
(the rent here must be astronomical!)

People watching is part and parcel

I’ve tried everything there is that contains caffeine on the menu. The blend of coffee on offer here belongs to the Square Mile school of an intense flavour but super smooth drinking.

Double Espresso

Con Panna

Gelado

Decent coffee, brill service. Recommended.

* Caffè Vergnano take note, sort your girls out!



43 -63 Regent Street
London W1B 4DY

www.vidaecaffe.com

2 comments:

I heart cupcakes said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I passed it on Friday and will try and make it along in the next week or so to check it out for a coffee!
I was worried when I saw you'd been incase I sent you to a duffer!

bellaphon said...

IHC- Nowt wrong with duffers, it's good to post something that conveys as a deterrent to others, but Vida's an exception. Cheers.