Sunday 24 May 2009

The Underground Restaurant with Hardeep Singh Koli

You could say that I forced my way in this evening. I didn't come here as a fully paid diner but purely to take a few snaps. I'm extremely grateful to MsMarmitelover for allowing me to do so and I sincerely hope I wasn't much of a nuisance.
Hardeep Singh Koli
The full menu can be seen here
Home-made bombay mix
Cava with rocket flower (vanilla taste to this flower)
HSK & MML

Chapati on griddle
Asparagus mimosa with viola flowers and sage, geranium and thyme flower butter
Green apple chutney
Rose coloured onion salad with tomatoes and flowers


Dishing out the mains of...
Smoked aubergine and pea curry
Basmati saffron rice





Rosewater kulfi
Crystallised rose petals
Heart-shaped violet essence shortbread with lavender sugar
Topped with edible gold leaf

Indian spiced truffles courtesy of the above
Till the next time.

I would like to add that having witnessed tonight's 'behind the scenes' affairs, what MsMarmitelover and her daughter have done is nothing but a pure labour of love. An abundance of cheers for the two ladies, hip hip hooray...

The Underground Restaurant

*By enl Everyone who came were extremely joyed and impressed...such happy folks.

11 comments:

kerstin said...

Thank you so much for your help. You were great. Might need to get some pix from you, dishes I didn't have time to document.

bellaphon said...

Didn't get the chance to taste the asparagus, but out of the other two dishes, the Kulfi and trimmings were nigh on profound. Thanks, Marms.

I heart cupcakes said...

Looks like a great night - fab pics as well!

bellaphon said...

IHC- Thank you. I was in the kitchen most of the time, which was indeed a different kind of ‘fab time’ altogether!

Helen Yuet Ling Pang said...

Lovely photos! I wish I'd gone last night. I've still only been as a volunteer, not as a guest!

bellaphon said...

HYL- Thank you. I found the front of house nerve-racking, imagine spilling a plate of food on to someone's D&G...ouch!

Helen said...

I had such a fantastic time at the underground restaurant and I must admit I was tempted to go again when I heard about this menu. It looks amazing. I NEED that aubergine curry recipe!

Gastro1 said...

Everything looks splendid !

Anonymous said...

MML - LOVE your headwear!!! it's beautiful :D

Browners said...

Looks like a fantastic evening. Wish I had been there. Agree about the aubergine curry. Looks like a classic.

eatmynels said...

that must have been marmites best one to date!!