Friday 21 November 2008

Flat White

30/04/09
Triple Shot Flat White on Berwick Street
Grade A

04/04/09
This place is deliberately inconspicuous, which is just as well.
Packing-up time in the market.
Ky (I betcha I spelt his name wrong) made me this flattie (£2.30). As it was in a paper cup with a lid on, latte art was omitted. This was the smoothest one I’ve had this year, and that crema was thick and undying. I wonder if coffee tastes better in unbleached paper cups or detergent cleaned china. The first A* cup for me at Flat White!
As Berwick Street market wraps up till next week, Flat White were giving away their remaining croissants. Granddad here obviously jumped at the chance and no he wasn’t a customer; just part of the furniture on this estate.
11/03/09

Not quite the cup found at F&W or maybe Milk Bar but still damn fine.

Eggs and Toasts

Quite possibly the best scrambled eggs this year! Excellent.

--------

''No worries bro! We're the original!''

I’m not ashamed to admit that I was a Flat White virgin until very recently. I’m now a total convert to this epitome of a decent cup of coffee.




I’m absolutely positive that no Italian would be seen dead in a café like this. It’s just so ruddy impossible for them to accept and concede that the Kiwis and Aussies are better baristi than they are; thus resulting in a superior and nonesuch cuppa of heavenly caffeine.


There, there, I digress.

My past review.


Flat White
17 Berwick Street
London W1F 0PT

Add Pics-

31/01/09


Addendum- I've now been to FW for quite some time now, the thing which I find annoying is that the place is like a meeting place for friends of the staff or if you're regular they might take notice and greet you (or wave goodbye). For first timers or those who are not surf dudes (like myself), ignorance seems to be the norm with the young staff. You've been warned.


Short Black

1 comment:

John Andrews said...

Great Coffee.

Rude Staff.

Terrible Service.