Sunday 3 May 2009

The Underground Tea- Victoriana

Tea Time Extraordinaire

Let's just say that I had such a wonderful time today and I'm not going to bother with the wordsworthy aspect of the whole event. I sincerely hope that the photos here do justice to the food; everything was by enlarge beyond delicious. Excellent fun to have met a lot of beautiful people. Thanks to Sienna for playing Otis Redding and Fleetwood Mac on pure and organic sounding vinyl LPs. Hats off to MsM's Mum for waiting on us. Big thanks to Lavender Bakery and MsMarmitelover for a terrific sojournal Sunday afternoon.



Victoria sponge


Yummy Marmite and cucumber Sandwiches- apparently with a bit of input from teasy Nigella Lawson.

Clockwise from top- Lavender shortbread (my highlight of today!), Rosewater & Pistachio meringues, Madeleines au miel and Green tea matcha shortbread.

Warm Scones

I know I should have cut the thing in half, but the knife went awol!

Ms Lavender Bakery and Hubbs to be

Crumpets are a-cookin'

Home-made crumpets
A rare treat that tastes nothing like the pre-packed stuff, heavenly.

Savoury Tart

Chocolate cupcakes


Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting

Lemon cake



10 comments:

Sue said...

This all looks so delicious! Did you sample everything??

bellaphon said...

Now that you've mentioned it, everything was indeed gobbled except the carrot cake...I forgot about it until I uploaded the pic last night!

Helen Yuet Ling Pang said...

What a stunning feast! This looks like it will be as popular as Saturday evenings at The Underground Restaurant. Did you manage to eat dinner afterwards?!

bellaphon said...

Do you know I've never seen so many kebab joints or chicken cottages concentrated on one stretch of road that's Kilburn High Road; I didn't succumb to any of them as I was verily caked out.

Hollow Legs said...

It all looks stunning. Oh I wish I could bake!

Kavey said...

Wow, just wow!

thora said...

All has been said in the above comments. Absolutely delicious looking goodies. I'm glad I opened the site BEFORE stepaerobics.

Helen said...

Oh wow it looks AMAZING! I really wanted to go, I knew it would be great but it has exceeded expectations. Scones get me every time.

I heart cupcakes said...

It all looks absolutely stunning! I was lucky enough to be gifted a box of lovely I heart cupcake cupcakes by Ms Lavender Bakery and they were absolutely gorgeous and really prettily decorated. I actually thought about coming along to this on Sunday when I read about it but we'd already booked Tayyabs!! Glad you enjoyed

Anonymous said...

hi :)
if you enjoy afternoon teas you miht like to come along to mine :)
hidden tea room
www.hiddentearoom.com

hope to see you ...

best wishes
lady gray