Friday 14 August 2009

TOTD 24

I was listening to the Pulp Fiction soundtrack this afternoon and I thought I might share one of the tracks with you. It’s a dialogue excerpt featuring John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson, the track is known as "Personality Goes a Long Way".

The dialogue was written by Quentin Tarantino.

Travolta is Vincent and Jackson is Jules.


Vincent: Want some bacon?

Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.

Vincent: Are you Jewish?

Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.

Vincent: Why not?

Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.

Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.

Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.

Jules: I don't eat dog either.

Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherfuckin' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

NB the yank spelling for poo is irritating at best!


Amazingly it’s been fifteen years since this film was released, how time flies and we’re pushing on more than a bit.

Last year I posted a similar thing with an incredibly awkward Jack Nicholson here.

3 comments:

meemalee said...

What does TOTD mean please?

I was just thinking about this scene when I was writing my latest post - not the fish one :)

Fat Les said...

Supposed to be a daily thought, but these days it's more like random pickings.

meemalee said...

Man, I'm dunce.

TOTD = Thought of the Day.

Duh.